So today I’m super excited because I have yet another easy tutorial to share with you guys. Make your own Fabric covered bulletin board!
This fabric covered bulletin board is great for all the papers the kids bring back from school and all the other important stuff you don’t want to forget about.
Probably like many of you I’m a busy working mom, and therefore also a sucker for a really fast and easy DIY project. I love this project because it’s really easy, cheap, and literally, takes no more than 30 minutes to make (gotta love that!)
And not to mention the fabric-covered version just looks so much cuter than the plain and boring original one.
HOW TO MAKE A FABRIC COVERED BULLETIN BOARD
What you’ll need:
Make your own DIY Fabric covered bulletin board
- Lay your board on top of the fabric and measure up how much you’ll need. I added approximately 4 inches of extra fabric around the board. Cut out your fabric
- Make sure to iron the fabric, so it’s nice and smooth
- Lay your board on top of the fabric and hold it tight
- Then you fold each side and staple the corners together
- Fold all the sides, and make sure to keep the fabric tight
- Staple all the corners together
- Now the backside of your fabric covered bulletin should look something like this:
- Turn your board around and decide where you want the nail heads. The easiest is just to follow the frame all around your board
- Decide how far apart you want the nail heads to be, and start pushing them on your board.
- A good tip is to not space them TOO close, your thumb is gonna hate you for it (warning!)
And there you have it! You just made a super easy fabric covered bulletin board.
Now there’s really no excuse for losing any papers, just pin it to your board and you’re good to go.
If you’re looking for even more DIY projects to help keep you organized, be sure to check some other fun projects while you’re here.