So now it’s time for a really cool and easy kids craft project. Make your own Lego pencil holders! This is a super easy craft project to do with the kids, perfect for a rainy day activity.
The Lego pencil holders look great on any desk and will help keep all those favorite pencils in place, and organized. Gotta love that!
This was such a fun and easy project, and I’m sure you’ll have just as much fun as we did making these!
So here comes the step by step tutorial, for making these awesome Lego pencil holders.
What you’ll need:
How to easily make your own Lego pencil holders
Salt dough recipe:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon oil
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. The dough is perfect when its elastic, but not sticky. You might have to adjust with more flour/water.Let the dough rest for approximately 30 min.
How to make it:
- Decide how large you want the Lego pencil holders
- Take some salt dough and form either a square or a rectangle, depending on what size Lego block you want to make
- When you’re happy with you block, use a pencil to make the pencil holes
- Then make 4 or 6 small round balls for the Lego studs, to put on top of your lego blocks
- Use the end of a pencil to press slightly down where you want to place them
- Place the studs
- Take the finished Lego pencil holders and place them on a baking sheet, bake in the oven at 250°F for 2-3 hours
- When they come out of the oven, they need to completely cool before you paint
- Paint in any color you want, dry for a little while and paint another layer
- Let dry, and you’re finished
I really hope you enjoyed this easy Lego pencil holders tutorial.
If you have any questions or feedback, make sure to leave me a comment.