So today I’m super excited because I have yet another easy tutorial to share with you guys. Make your own Fabric covered bulletin board!
Great for all the papers the kids bring back from school and all your other important stuff you don’t want to forget about.
Probably like many of you I’m a busy working mom, and therefore also a sucker for a really fast an easy DIY project.I love this project because it’s really easy, cheap, and literally, takes no more than 3o minutes to make (gotta love that!)
And not to mention the fabric covered version just looks so much cuter than the plain and boring original one.
HOW TO MAKE A FABRIC COVERED BULLETIN BOARD
What you’ll need:
How to make it:
- Lay your board on top of the fabric and measure up how much you’ll need. I added approximately 4 inches extra fabric around the board.
- Cut out your fabric
- Make sure to iron the fabric, so it’s nice and smooth
- Lay your board on top of the fabric and hold it tight
- Then you fold each side and staple the corners together
- Fold all the sides, and make sure to keep the fabric tight
- Staple all the corners together
- Now the backside of your fabric covered bulletin should look something like this:
- Turn your board around and decide where you want the nail heads. The easiest is just to follow the frame all around your board
- Decide how far apart you want the nail heads to be, and start pushing them on your board.
- A good tip is to not space them TOO close, your thumb is gonna hate you for it 😉
And there you have it! You just made a super easy fabric covered bulletin board 🙂
Now there’s really no excuse for losing any papers, just pin it to your board and you’re good to go.
If you’re looking for even more DIY projects to help keep you organized, be sure to check out my tutorial, for a super easy and practical dry and erase calendar.